Hello my peeps! Today I'm sharing a new technique with you! I'm using my new "Flower Bouquet" stamp/die combo set from Spellbinders to create a die cut mirror image of a stamp. It is surprisingly super easy to do.
Ok... the first thing you want to do is to die cut the background. Normally I stamp my image first then die cut it but for this technique you need to die cut first. I'm die cutting 2 of the denim colored material panels in my Pennant Set from Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® with the die that outlines the "Flower Bouquet" stamped image. I put 2 pieces of material together with the right sides facing in.
Once you have the backgrounds ready, you will ink up the stamp with a pigment based ink. I used my Mix'd Media Inx in Jasmine from Colorbox®.
Place the background onto the stamp while it is still facing up so that you can line up the image.
Use a stamp block on top of the material to help get an even image.
Now sprinkle the stamped image with embossing powder and heat set (Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder in Jasmine used).
Now you want to ink up your stamp again and this time stamp onto a piece of dense foam.
Your image should look like the one below.
Carefully place the background image over the stamped image on the foam.
You can use a stamp block to help get a clean image.
Don't worry if your image doesn't seem like it is completely clean. We are using pigment ink so the powder will still stick to the stamped image even if you can't see it.
This is what the image looks like after you sprinkle with embossing powder and remove the excess. Now you just heat set and you will have a die cut mirror image of your stamp! By the way... you don't have to do this on material... this works great on paper too.
Oh... and don't forget to clean off the foam so you can use it again. I use the thick, nice quality, baby wipes that smell good and don't dry out my stamps or foam.
Tomorrow I'll be on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® blog sharing a canvas banner that I made with the rest of the Pennant Set and I've got new techniques for that blog post too!!!